Skip to main content

Some interesting tongue twisters to improve your fluency

Let's try to pronounce. 


◇Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious


◇Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis


◇I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream.


◇I have got a date at a quarter to eight; I’ll see you at the gate, so don’t be late.


◇I saw a kitten eating chicken in the kitchen.


◇I thought I thought of thinking of thanking you.


◇He threw three free throws.


◇Four fine fresh fish for you.


◇Nine nice night nurses nursing nicely.


◇We surely shall see the sun shine soon.


◇If you notice this notice, you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.


◇A proper copper coffee pot.


◇Give Papa a proper cup of coffee in a copper coffee cup.


◇Betty bought butter but the butter was bitter, so Betty bought better butter to make the bitter butter better.


◇I thought a thought. But the thought I thought wasn’t the thought I thought I thought. If the thought I thought I thought had been the thought I thought, I wouldn’t have thought I thought.


◇If practice makes perfect and perfect needs practice, I’m perfectly practiced and practically perfect.


◇A snake sneaks to seek a snack.


◇Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.

A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.

If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,

Where’s the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?


◇Betty Botter bought some butter.

But she said the butter’s bitter;

If I put it in my batter, it will make my batter bitter;

But a bit of better butter will make my batter better.

So Betty Botter bought a bit of better butter.


◇How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

He would chuck, he would, as much as he could, and chuck as much wood

As a woodchuck would if a woodchuck could chuck wood


◇She sells seashells by the seashore.


◇How can a clam cram in a clean cream can?


◇I saw Susie sitting in a shoeshine shop.


◇Susie works in a shoeshine shop. Where she shines she sits, and where she sits she shines.


◇Can you can a can as a canner can can a can?


◇You know New York, you need New York, you know you need unique New York.


◇If a dog chews shoes, whose shoes does he choose?