Good morning.
Prominent people present on the stage and those who are sitting in front the dignitaries and the main driving force of our future is our young society who are sitting in front.
In fact, I would like to thank all those who have called me here.In fact, I do not come to such an event.I'm a little busy with work.As I don't come, the communication doesn't occur. Thank you all for giving me such an opportunity. Especially those who are entrepreneurs.
I must have been called to say some words.
First of all, I would like to say a word or two about talking. Since I am associated with the media so I will talk about something media oriented.
The first thing is: we know that the word of mouth and the arrow of the bow are the same. If both go out, it cannot be returned. So before telling something, we have to think deeply about the outcomes of our words. But many of us don't think about this.
That is why the devotee Satyananda said: There are many faults in many words, think before you are going to tell something. But many of us don't talk thinking properly.
Always we say," Less talk, more work. " But we speak more and we don't do that we say and do that we don't say. But this has become a characteristic of us.
I would like to say one or two words and a great example of this is the emergence of a new show called Talk Show in our country lately, especially since the advent of satellite television.
When we go here, we see a lot of scholars talking and after listening some of their words it seems that knowledge is spreading and the number of intellectuals of this country has increased and they are all-knowing.
I tell the young generation present here that we don't have to be intellectual. One of my friends had told me," this is degetal era, now I don't go to others for taking knowledge. I keep three pendrives with me and all of those are 32GB, 64GB and 16GB. Instead of intellectual I keep those GBs with me. I put knowledge inside them and when necessary I gather knowledge connecting them with laptops. If I need farther help, I take help of Google. Google help me and Google is always ready for helping us."
You know, I talk very few. I talk six hours in a year. I do programme on television six days among 365 days. Including Bangladesh television and BTV WORLD there are more than 30 television channels in Bangladesh.
Even then a guy like me does six hours of programme and six times a year I come on television and that’s why I do six hours of programs and these programs I do are on a marginal basis i.e. we do these programs once every fifth Friday.
My event has probably touched the Millennium Development Goals. Besides, my show is also coming towards the sustainable development goal. This sustainable word is a very beautiful word. That's why I say sustainable, my program has been going on for 30 years because of you, so maybe it's going to be sustainable, so far so good.
Wisdom is knowledge and those of us who are old have knowledge and young people have strength.
The knowledge that our elders have gained is the knowledge that we need to impart to our youth and we must move forward together.
These young people will move forward because they are the main driving force. We want to see our future in the mirror of youth.
That's why we want to see: we have a lot of young people who are a bit misguided, some are addicted to drugs, some are addicted to Facebook, some are addicted to mobile phones and gossiping. In various ways they are misguided. But we don't want to be disappointed. We don't want to be disappointed because we know that a lot of things float in the flood waters during the flood and go away, but what's left is the silt and our young society is this silt and we will move forward with them in future.
An honest man is much greater than a group of wicked people. A worthy man is much greater than a group of unworthy people. A hardworking man is much bigger than a group of lazy people. We need to be educated in proper education. We say water is another name for life. But I don't believe that. I say water is not another name for life but pure water is another name for life. We do not want education but we want good education.
People says that where there is a will, there is a way. Wish is not enough. It must have to be good wish. There has to be thought that will be well thought. We will be able to reach our desired goal if we move towards with honesty combining those.
We say if we work together there will be no shame whether we win or lose. What kinds of work we do? Does everyone do good work? Everyone does not do good work. So we have to do good works carefully with honesty and have to move towards our goals. Without temptation our pride young society can do it with honesty. Thank you all.
Translated by Shakil Ahmmed